phpBB3

If it's not covered by one of those other categories, you should probably talk about it here. Be nice.

phpBB3

Postby Administrator » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:43 am

It's upgrade time...

Welcome to the new KG forum, now running phpBB 3.0.

We'll be tweaking things for a while, but it was time to upgrade. I was deleting 10 - 20 spam accounts a day, and I was tired of it.

There are MANY new features, and some things you're used to have changed. Enjoy!

:vader:
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day; set him on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
User avatar
Administrator
Site Admin
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 1:09 am
Location: KnoxGothic.com - I never leave.

Re: phpBB3

Postby abreeskye » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:53 am

ooooh! It looks so different, and pretty!

I like it!

I wish I could keep the spam bots away from my forum. I get like 50+ a day on some days :(

But I'm not forum savvy like all you masters, so I don't know how to do that! :P
Image
abreeskye
 
Posts: 487
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2003 2:33 am
Location: Oak Ridge

Re: phpBB3

Postby scarecrow » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:14 am

fucked me up.....I was like where the fuck did KG go?


heh
“That proves you are unusual, returned the Scarecrow; and I am convinced the only people worthy of consideration in this world are the unusual ones. For the common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed.â€
User avatar
scarecrow
 
Posts: 849
Joined: Mon May 26, 2003 11:32 pm
Location: ummm...a corn field?

Re: phpBB3

Postby Arkady » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:28 pm

God this looks sooooooo much better!
Image
User avatar
Arkady
KG Co-Founder
 
Posts: 1224
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 2:30 am
Location: Knoxville

Re: phpBB3

Postby goblin » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Interesting look. When I get used to it I will probably like it but WHY DON't YOU WARN A GUY?

I thought the flashbacks were returning...

Just kidding. I like it.

but where is the spellcheck?
AAAAAHHHHHH Sobriety,,,,,,,,,,,What A Concept
goblin
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 8:21 pm
Location: please dont tell me where I am

Re: phpBB3

Postby DarkVader » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:26 pm

Spell check is automatic. Misspell a word, and it's underlined in red. Control-click that word (right click if you've got a right mouse button) and it will give you a list of suggested corrections.
We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
User avatar
DarkVader
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1084
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 1:17 am
Location: Knoxville

Re: phpBB3

Postby DarkVader » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:30 pm

Arkady wrote:God this looks sooooooo much better!


You've got to be kidding me. I think it looks like crap - but I wanted to get the new version live quickly because of the spam accounts being created.

It's working so far, no spam accounts since I've installed it.

I'm still working on the appearance.
We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
User avatar
DarkVader
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1084
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 1:17 am
Location: Knoxville

Re: phpBB3

Postby TheInfiniteMonkey » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:26 pm

VERY nice! Way to go Vader!
“A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials.â€
User avatar
TheInfiniteMonkey
 
Posts: 487
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:09 pm
Location: I'm not telling, last time you sank my battleship!

Re: phpBB3

Postby Hardcoregirl » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:48 am

DarkVader wrote:
Arkady wrote:God this looks sooooooo much better!


You've got to be kidding me. I think it looks like crap - but I wanted to get the new version live quickly because of the spam accounts being created.

It's working so far, no spam accounts since I've installed it.

I'm still working on the appearance.


Yeah to me it looks like a 15 year old girls bedroom. Where are the unicorns and N'Sync posters?
"Oh no. Please don't antagonize hardcoregirl. We'll all regret it." -DarkVader
User avatar
Hardcoregirl
Moderator
 
Posts: 2761
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 4:04 pm
Location: land of rape and honey

Re: phpBB3

Postby Sir Diddimus » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:40 am

Hardcoregirl wrote:
DarkVader wrote:
Arkady wrote:God this looks sooooooo much better!


You've got to be kidding me. I think it looks like crap - but I wanted to get the new version live quickly because of the spam accounts being created.

It's working so far, no spam accounts since I've installed it.

I'm still working on the appearance.


Yeah to me it looks like a 15 year old girls bedroom. Where are the unicorns and N'Sync posters?


I totally agree!!!!
:puke:
Duct tape is like 'The Force'. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
User avatar
Sir Diddimus
 
Posts: 1971
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 5:12 pm
Location: Knoxville

Re: phpBB3

Postby Arkady » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:41 am

I'm talking about the layout, not the colors and icons.
Image
User avatar
Arkady
KG Co-Founder
 
Posts: 1224
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 2:30 am
Location: Knoxville

Re: phpBB3

Postby Mother Mo » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:25 pm

Yay for upgrades, boo for N'Sync!
Change how you see, not how you look.
User avatar
Mother Mo
Over 2000 posts. Beware.
 
Posts: 2340
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2003 3:31 am
Location: A hobbit hole in north knox

Re: phpBB3

Postby iblis » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:30 pm

DarkVader wrote:
Arkady wrote:God this looks sooooooo much better!


You've got to be kidding me. I think it looks like crap - but I wanted to get the new version live quickly because of the spam accounts being created.

It's working so far, no spam accounts since I've installed it.

I'm still working on the appearance.

i'm not much of a design guy, but i have gigs of books on css.
If carpenters made buildings the way programmers make programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy all of civilization. — Anonymous
User avatar
iblis
Don't click the iblis link!!!!
 
Posts: 4866
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 7:19 pm

Re: phpBB3

Postby iblis » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:32 pm

Arkady wrote:I'm talking about the layout, not the colors and icons.

definitely better layout.

the color scheme though...

"the goggles, they do nothing!"
If carpenters made buildings the way programmers make programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy all of civilization. — Anonymous
User avatar
iblis
Don't click the iblis link!!!!
 
Posts: 4866
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 7:19 pm

Re: phpBB3

Postby The Fallen » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:51 pm

It's all bloody crap anyway, when can we set it back to the old default. I remember a few forums where you could set the scheme in your control panel. I was fine with that, I don't need this prettified bullshit
Oh sad is the world. but I have Kavorkian's scarf.
User avatar
The Fallen
Pervert
 
Posts: 2142
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 3:50 pm
Location: The nearest rock he could crawl under

Re: phpBB3

Postby ophelia » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:07 pm

Well, I think it's pretty.

Like My Little Pony pretty.

Can we make T-shirts soon?

Yeah!
Sure, I'll try to be nicer, if you try to be smarter.
User avatar
ophelia
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:28 am

Re: phpBB3

Postby Nemesis » Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:46 pm

ophelia wrote:Well, I think it's pretty.

Like My Little Pony pretty.

Can we make T-shirts soon?

Yeah!



LOL... I want one!!!
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc
User avatar
Nemesis
 
Posts: 965
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 6:53 pm
Location: Dementia

Re: phpBB3

Postby vertigo25 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:31 pm

iblis wrote:i'm not much of a design guy, but i have gigs of books on css.


Grrr.

That's gotta be one of the most irritating statements I've ever heard.

I'm not much of doctor, but I've got a lot of books about anatomy.

I'm not much of a programmer, but i've got tons of books on C#

I'm not much of a hairdresser, but I've got a nice collection of scissors.

I have an idea. Why don't the admins check the board and see if anybody would want to do it for free... oh... I mean... "for the community?" We could end up with someone who thinks they know what they're doing making a bunch of graphics that look like they're from the 90's and "dark" colors that guarantee things are illegible as possible...

just.like.last.time

And BTW...

The smilie clickers don't work on Saf 3.
The firemen came and broke through the chimney top. And me and Mom were expecting them to pull out a dead cat or a bird. And instead they pulled out my father. He was dressed in a Santa Claus suit. He'd been climbing down the chimney... his arms loaded with presents. He was gonna surprise us. He slipped and broke his neck. He died instantly. And that's how I found out there was no Santa Claus.
User avatar
vertigo25
 
Posts: 411
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 4:18 pm
Location: an open field west of a big white house with a boarded front door.

Re: phpBB3

Postby vertigo25 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:34 pm

Actually... I have a real question, too.

Why use phpBB at all?
The firemen came and broke through the chimney top. And me and Mom were expecting them to pull out a dead cat or a bird. And instead they pulled out my father. He was dressed in a Santa Claus suit. He'd been climbing down the chimney... his arms loaded with presents. He was gonna surprise us. He slipped and broke his neck. He died instantly. And that's how I found out there was no Santa Claus.
User avatar
vertigo25
 
Posts: 411
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 4:18 pm
Location: an open field west of a big white house with a boarded front door.

Re: phpBB3

Postby iblis » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:48 pm

vertigo25 wrote:
iblis wrote:i'm not much of a design guy, but i have gigs of books on css.


Grrr.

That's gotta be one of the most irritating statements I've ever heard.

I'm not much of doctor, but I've got a lot of books about anatomy.

I'm not much of a programmer, but i've got tons of books on C#

I'm not much of a hairdresser, but I've got a nice collection of scissors.

I have an idea. Why don't the admins check the board and see if anybody would want to do it for free... oh... I mean... "for the community?" We could end up with someone who thinks they know what they're doing making a bunch of graphics that look like they're from the 90's and "dark" colors that guarantee things are illegible as possible...

just.like.last.time

And BTW...

The smilie clickers don't work on Saf 3.

actually, i was offering the books. like i said, i am not much of a design guy.

but i have to hand it to you, that was an almost decent rant.
If carpenters made buildings the way programmers make programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy all of civilization. — Anonymous
User avatar
iblis
Don't click the iblis link!!!!
 
Posts: 4866
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 7:19 pm

Next

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 7 guests

cron