cool stuff about Jesus.

forum for those that like conversation so mindless that their braincells pop like a confetti bomb at a strippers birthday party

Moderators: AuralFixation, iblis

Postby rec|use » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:43 pm

it must be rad living in cleveland
i'd rather be your enemy than hear you call me friend
User avatar
rec|use
 
Posts: 1152
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 3:22 pm
Location: ATL

Postby Hardcoregirl » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:13 pm

Bigun, I actually wasn't going to say anything until you posted they "guys leave her alone" remark. I logged on numerous times and didn't say a word, though I was shocked. She can post what she likes, only one of the KGB can delete it, but don't expect us to coddle her from the response of the members of a non-christian based website, or from those who are sick and tired of her mentality.
"Oh no. Please don't antagonize hardcoregirl. We'll all regret it." -DarkVader
User avatar
Hardcoregirl
Moderator
 
Posts: 2761
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 4:04 pm
Location: land of rape and honey

Postby Bigun » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:44 pm

rec|use wrote:it must be rad living in cleveland


Trust me, it's only worth visiting if you plan to go camping or rafting in the Ocoee.

hardcoregirl wrote:Bigun, I actually wasn't going to say anything until you posted they "guys leave her alone" remark. I logged on numerous times and didn't say a word, though I was shocked. She can post what she likes, only one of the KGB can delete it, but don't expect us to coddle her from the response of the members of a non-christian based website, or from those who are sick and tired of her mentality.


M-kay...
User avatar
Bigun
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:41 am
Location: Cleveland, TN

Postby gothic_spleen » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:07 pm

Bigun wrote:
rec|use wrote:it must be rad living in cleveland


Trust me, it's only worth visiting if you plan to go camping or rafting in the Ocoee.

hardcoregirl wrote:Bigun, I actually wasn't going to say anything until you posted they "guys leave her alone" remark. I logged on numerous times and didn't say a word, though I was shocked. She can post what she likes, only one of the KGB can delete it, but don't expect us to coddle her from the response of the members of a non-christian based website, or from those who are sick and tired of her mentality.


M-kay...


well there is an upcoming car audio show....team temple will be there....oh and they do have cicis pizza...thats about it....oh yea and a damn good game store.

atleast you dont live in athens...the only thing i have to look forward too is....the band event recluse told me about.
"OH SHIT.....MY SPLEEN" - ME
User avatar
gothic_spleen
Drunken Terrorist
 
Posts: 997
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:13 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Postby rec|use » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:13 pm

i spent the first 17 years of my life in athens
i'd rather be your enemy than hear you call me friend
User avatar
rec|use
 
Posts: 1152
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 3:22 pm
Location: ATL

Postby gothic_spleen » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:10 am

rec|use wrote:i spent the first 17 years of my life in athens
i meant no offense....
"OH SHIT.....MY SPLEEN" - ME
User avatar
gothic_spleen
Drunken Terrorist
 
Posts: 997
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:13 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Postby rec|use » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:35 am

none taken
i'd rather be your enemy than hear you call me friend
User avatar
rec|use
 
Posts: 1152
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 3:22 pm
Location: ATL

Postby abreeskye » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:29 am

rec|use wrote:

i mean really
do you think it would be fair of me or anyone else to go to a christian discussion forum
and start talking about how excited we were about burzum getting out of prison
and working on a new album



I wasn't aware that Varg Vikernes changed his name to Burzum. I could have sworn that was just the name of his musical project.

:shock:

lolz
Image
abreeskye
 
Posts: 487
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2003 2:33 am
Location: Oak Ridge

Postby rec|use » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:44 pm

you got me there
i'd rather be your enemy than hear you call me friend
User avatar
rec|use
 
Posts: 1152
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 3:22 pm
Location: ATL

Postby iblis » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:28 pm

Bigun wrote:I'm calling bullshit on that. It is just about on any website now days. Not too long ago there was a guy on Fox News who was interviewed for creating a site that specialized in teenagers posting videos of themselves stating their name, then denying the power or existence of God.

i wouldn't say 'just about any website' - but it is becoming more prevalent. i personally think that's a good thing - being a fan of free thinking and all.

Also, anyone here who even bothers to mention anything Christian, gets this treatment from the majority of users here. What I find most humorous, is that most of the people do it, claim to be atheist, but only attack anything Christian. Buddhism, Taoism, Wickan, Vampirism, and so on are accepted here, but if if someone mentions anything involving "Jesus", "God", or simple scripture, gets torn limb from proverbial limb.

wait a second. i do clearly recall seeing other religions get mocked and made fun of. that whole mayan calendar thing rings a bell, just off the top of my head... and i've made fun of the vampirism angle at least once, myself.

frankly, as long as the mocking and making fun of n religion doesn't degenerate into personal attacks - hey, it's all good.

I find it extremely hypocritical and somewhat humorous. If your going to slam one religion for existing, do it to them all, or leave threads like this alone if it bothers you.

now that i do agree with.

take a big, sloppy dump on every religion. slam them all. slam your own. don't have one? make one up, and slam it. it worked for the spaghetti monster.

no belief (or lack thereof) should be treated as if it were porcelain. i mean, after all, if you're going to live your life based on something, it'd better be able to take a few hits - or it's likely not worth it.
If carpenters made buildings the way programmers make programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy all of civilization. — Anonymous
User avatar
iblis
Don't click the iblis link!!!!
 
Posts: 4866
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 7:19 pm

Postby rec|use » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:12 pm

good thing you posted dude
this thread almost died
i'd rather be your enemy than hear you call me friend
User avatar
rec|use
 
Posts: 1152
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 3:22 pm
Location: ATL

Postby Bigun » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:28 am

rec|use wrote:good thing you posted dude
this thread almost died


:lol:

Opinions are like assholes... everyone's got at least one... and it stinks.
User avatar
Bigun
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:41 am
Location: Cleveland, TN

Postby Bigun » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:30 am

iblis wrote:wait a second. i do clearly recall seeing other religions get mocked and made fun of. that whole mayan calendar thing rings a bell, just off the top of my head... and i've made fun of the vampirism angle at least once, myself.

frankly, as long as the mocking and making fun of n religion doesn't degenerate into personal attacks - hey, it's all good.


Then I clearly haven't been here long enough to know. But you must admit: Christianity is at the top of the list to get it's throat slit repeatedly.
User avatar
Bigun
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:41 am
Location: Cleveland, TN

Postby iblis » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:03 pm

Bigun wrote:Then I clearly haven't been here long enough to know. But you must admit: Christianity is at the top of the list to get it's throat slit repeatedly.

on here? yeah. i think it has to do with the local geography, really. being in the bible belt, a lot of people who aren't christian tend to go rabidly anti-christian, since they're often treated worse than shit by the general christian population.

in that, i don't blame the religion, i blame the followers. for that matter, i know plenty of buddhists who don't exactly follow buddha's teachings very well.

people suck.

rec|use wrote:good thing you posted dude
this thread almost died

it was my duty: it wouldn't be a truly gothic thread unless it suffered - or made others suffer - a bit more than it needed to.

break out the count chocula!
If carpenters made buildings the way programmers make programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy all of civilization. — Anonymous
User avatar
iblis
Don't click the iblis link!!!!
 
Posts: 4866
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 7:19 pm

Postby rec|use » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:49 am

hey dude make an emo joke too
this thread doesn't have enough going for it yet
i'd rather be your enemy than hear you call me friend
User avatar
rec|use
 
Posts: 1152
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 3:22 pm
Location: ATL

Postby Mercurygriffin » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:14 am

Either I was drunk and didn't send the response that I had for this or it got deleted. I only have one problem with the latter. Nothing that I said was out of line in my opinion and I was not notified that I had created something that was out of line. If not and I was in fact not so intoxicated that I would hit the wrong key, the the following is my answer to the former:

It was stated that christians are the first to get their throat slit over this debate. When you think about it though, they worship a martyr and many matyrs that died in his name. Christians are taught to mission and preach the word. You would think that they would be used to people throwing stones at them If their faith had ever really be tested. Their god might as well be made of kevlar to deal with the people that will give them shit about preaching at them. That is why I like the whole satanist bit. All I have to do is offer a good time.

If any of that made any kind of sense, I would be surprised.
Image
User avatar
Mercurygriffin
 
Posts: 1539
Joined: Wed May 21, 2003 11:37 am
Location: In a flaming pit of scum

Postby Hardcoregirl » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:40 am

Yep those Xtians always gotta play the fucking victims.
"Oh no. Please don't antagonize hardcoregirl. We'll all regret it." -DarkVader
User avatar
Hardcoregirl
Moderator
 
Posts: 2761
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 4:04 pm
Location: land of rape and honey

Postby Bigun » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:37 am

Mercurygriffin wrote:It was stated that christians are the first to get their throat slit over this debate. When you think about it though, they worship a martyr and many matyrs that died in his name. Christians are taught to mission and preach the word. You would think that they would be used to people throwing stones at them If their faith had ever really be tested. Their god might as well be made of kevlar to deal with the people that will give them shit about preaching at them. That is why I like the whole satanist bit. All I have to do is offer a good time.

If any of that made any kind of sense, I would be surprised.


Two things: Yes I have gotten used to it, all through grade school, middle school, and high-school. But it's almost like someone stepping on your heel, you can take it for a while, but eventually it will wear on your nerves. Much like a gnat buzzing in your ear.

Secondly: Satanism, is fundamentally flawed in logic. First, it's based on a "character" from the bible. Therefore in order for you to even have a belief based on such, you would have to at least believe in the basics thereof. The basics of satan is this, he was created by God and therefore is less than God. So to believe a creation is greater than the creator is lucid at best.

Now here's the amusing part: Supposedly, one of the beliefs of Satanism is the belief that God doesn't exist... yet their own book acknowledges God's existence:

Book of Satan 1:10 wrote:I gaze into the glassy eye of your fearsome Jehovah, and pluck him by the beard; I uplift a broad-axe, and split open his worm-eaten skull!


But yeah... whatever... if you wish to do what feels good, go ahead and do it, you won't need a book to tell you what that is.
User avatar
Bigun
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:41 am
Location: Cleveland, TN

Postby Hardcoregirl » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:14 am

I always get pissy when people call me a satanist. Because to be a satanist you have to first buy into all that other bullshit. I don't think there's a god, and even if I did believe in some sort of creator, I would not buy into the bullshit about satan. Thats about controlling people with fear. Oh wait, thats what the major religions are about.
"Oh no. Please don't antagonize hardcoregirl. We'll all regret it." -DarkVader
User avatar
Hardcoregirl
Moderator
 
Posts: 2761
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 4:04 pm
Location: land of rape and honey

Postby rec|use » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:25 am

Image
i'd rather be your enemy than hear you call me friend
User avatar
rec|use
 
Posts: 1152
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 3:22 pm
Location: ATL

PreviousNext

Return to The Dumpster

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests

cron