cool stuff about Jesus.

forum for those that like conversation so mindless that their braincells pop like a confetti bomb at a strippers birthday party

Moderators: AuralFixation, iblis

Postby TheInfiniteMonkey » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:21 pm

Hardcoregirl wrote:None of us want to be freakin' preached to.



*sigh* Okay I know this is tantamount to poking an irritated badger with a low voltage cattle prod, but reviewing the thread, it does seem like the preaching has been coming from your posts. You don't like that she posted the thread. You hate Christians and have been attacking them relentlessly through this. Understood. It does seem, however, that you have turned this thread into exactly what you are saying you hate, at least for anyone who doesn't share your point of view, and while I am certain there are those who do, it seems all the things you hate about others are being projected out from your corner. Hate, intolerance, and prejudice.

And for the record, I didn't care for the tone or content of the original link either, it's not what I think of as Christianity. I didn't feel that it had been shoved in my face or threatened by it either.
“A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials.â€
User avatar
TheInfiniteMonkey
 
Posts: 487
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:09 pm
Location: I'm not telling, last time you sank my battleship!

Postby karmakaze » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:37 pm

you guys forgot the best one ever.

http://www.bettybowers.com/
Making a HONDA fast is like coming out of the closet, yeah you might suprise a few people; but in the end.. your still gay.
-
http://www.xanga.com/karmakaze
http://www.myspace.com/karmakaze
User avatar
karmakaze
 
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 10:36 am
Location: 31337

Postby Hardcoregirl » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:15 pm

TheInfiniteMonkey wrote:And for the record, I didn't care for the tone or content of the original link either, it's not what I think of as Christianity. I didn't feel that it had been shoved in my face or threatened by it either.


I agree I'm intolerant of it. I often say the only thing I'm intolerant of is intolerance and to me 99 percent of Christianity is intolerant. I am tolerant of all ethnic groups, sexualities, and all religions EXCEPT fundamentalist crap that spews hatred for other religions, sexualities, science, ethnic groups, and that spread fear and irrationality etc. Feel me?


And btw I don't hate all christians. Just the fundamentalist, obnoxious ones that preach at me, lol.
"Oh no. Please don't antagonize hardcoregirl. We'll all regret it." -DarkVader
User avatar
Hardcoregirl
Moderator
 
Posts: 2761
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 4:04 pm
Location: land of rape and honey

Postby junkie christ » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:33 pm

Hardcoregirl wrote:
junkie christ wrote:if you cant successfully debate religion in person hope in the FUCK are you gonna do it online.



I am laughing right now at what recluse said and now I'm wondering wft that sentence means.

I think you had the same reaction a lot of us did JC, with the "what-the-fuck" post.

Anyways...I love debating and arguing. Its a good way to entertain myself while bored at work or at home. I'd take a thread where people may have to think over mindless chatter anyday.
fixed
sorry
was typing with the insert key on again.
O(+>
Drinking makes you the same asshole your father was.
http://www.knoxnihilism.com/forum - site admin.
Prayer, Praise, Profit.
User avatar
junkie christ
Over 5000 Posts. Beware the Junkie Rant!
 
Posts: 5184
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 5:11 am
Location: doomed to fail

Postby Hardcoregirl » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:32 am

junkie christ wrote:if you cant successfully debate religion online hope in the FUCK are you gonna do it online.


I'm gonna guess you mean "how in the fuck" this time ;).

I think JC is a good example of a christian who doesn't feel the need to push his beliefs on others. And I think that will attract more people than any other methods. People will think "wow, you are a christian and you dont' have your head up your ass, neat. Can I discuss some of it with you?" But then again, you may not see him at church on sunday so surely he'll roast, right?

Anyways, I used to get in debates a lot with my sons mormon republican parents and an ex boyfriend of mine, and I just would get so angry and not be able to express my opinion well with the facts. So ever since then I think I look for places to express my opinion and hone my debating skills. I have never really done much debating in real life with people, since my grandmother told me "if you want to keep your friends, dont' discuss religion or politics. "
I often end real life arguments myself in order to keep the peace or avoid ugly altercations with my family. But on the interweb, its a whole different story.

BTW, my favorite christian ever hands down is C.S. Lewis. That guy was pretty cool.
"Oh no. Please don't antagonize hardcoregirl. We'll all regret it." -DarkVader
User avatar
Hardcoregirl
Moderator
 
Posts: 2761
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 4:04 pm
Location: land of rape and honey

Postby Amadahy » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:44 am

Wow. After reading all this, my brain is singing now. What's it singing? Let's see....


"You pray to your god and I'll pray to mine,
If you don't pray to any god, that'll be just fine.
You pray in your house and I'll pray in mine,
You can drink the blood of Christ,
I'll just drink the wine,
Drink the wine!"

~Chorus from Drink The Wine by Relative Viewpoint
User avatar
Amadahy
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: Knoxville

Postby Bigun » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:15 am

TheInfiniteMonkey wrote:
Hardcoregirl wrote:None of us want to be freakin' preached to.



*sigh* Okay I know this is tantamount to poking an irritated badger with a low voltage cattle prod, but reviewing the thread, it does seem like the preaching has been coming from your posts. You don't like that she posted the thread. You hate Christians and have been attacking them relentlessly through this. Understood. It does seem, however, that you have turned this thread into exactly what you are saying you hate, at least for anyone who doesn't share your point of view, and while I am certain there are those who do, it seems all the things you hate about others are being projected out from your corner. Hate, intolerance, and prejudice.

And for the record, I didn't care for the tone or content of the original link either, it's not what I think of as Christianity. I didn't feel that it had been shoved in my face or threatened by it either.


Thank YOU!!!!!!!
User avatar
Bigun
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:41 am
Location: Cleveland, TN

Postby rec|use » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:19 am

you know they make msg boards for christian discussions

this one is about goth stuff apparently


i fail to see how god would be involved in this msg board at all
considering the content

to me it looks like you all are just stirring the pot


i mean really
do you think it would be fair of me or anyone else to go to a christian discussion forum
and start talking about how excited we were about burzum getting out of prison
and working on a new album

or how excited i was the frist time i heard
christian death

i mean

have you forgetten about
CHRISTIAN DEATH
for fucks sake

why are you even on this board
i'd rather be your enemy than hear you call me friend
User avatar
rec|use
 
Posts: 1152
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 3:22 pm
Location: ATL

Postby rec|use » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:23 am

i'd rather be your enemy than hear you call me friend
User avatar
rec|use
 
Posts: 1152
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 3:22 pm
Location: ATL

Postby Bigun » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:33 pm

Really there should be no slamming of religious discussions in general. Forgive me for being naive and wrong, but I figure knoxgothic would pertain to anything goth related, not like minded atheists or other beliefs tearing other religions, beliefs, lifestyles, or thought patterns to pieces.

To skew topic just slightly, maybe this board could benefit from adding a religious discussion area and moderate it so that it could be just that: discussion. That would absolve a lot of issues with people slandering, making fun of other religions, and all around useless jabber that wouldn't change anyone's mind. With proper moderation it could actually be somewhat of a productive topic area.

*EDIT*

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/02/26

Even I have a sense of humor about it...
User avatar
Bigun
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:41 am
Location: Cleveland, TN

Postby rec|use » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:11 pm

knoxgothic would pertain to anything goth related


right

and when i think about things that are goth related

i think about

christian death
or
alien sex fiend


i certainly don't think about jesus
i'd rather be your enemy than hear you call me friend
User avatar
rec|use
 
Posts: 1152
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 3:22 pm
Location: ATL

Postby rec|use » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:13 pm

Really there should be no slamming of religious discussions in general.



well

you get two welcome signs for this statement


a. welcome to america where speech is free

b. welcome to real life where people don't agree on religion



i mean maybe this is just me

but if you don't want people to disagree with you on a subject
you should either

a. not bring it up

or

b. talk about with like minded folks
which would probably lead you to another msg board


i don't come on here and insist that the mods
make a forum about noise
why should you insist upon one for religion
i'd rather be your enemy than hear you call me friend
User avatar
rec|use
 
Posts: 1152
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 3:22 pm
Location: ATL

Postby Bigun » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:52 pm

rec|use wrote:right

and when i think about things that are goth related

i think about

christian death
or
alien sex fiend


i certainly don't think about jesus


That quote came from you... not everyone else.

well

you get two welcome signs for this statement


a. welcome to america where speech is free

b. welcome to real life where people don't agree on religion


This is not http://www.usa.gov/forum.... it's KnoxGothic.com. It's ultimately up to the administrator/owner, not the Bill of Rights.


i mean maybe this is just me

but if you don't want people to disagree with you on a subject
you should either

a. not bring it up

or

b. talk about with like minded folks
which would probably lead you to another msg board


i don't come on here and insist that the mods
make a forum about noise
why should you insist upon one for religion


Disagreeing I can deal with, it's thoughtless blander that gets to me.

*EDIT*

And I'm not suggesting a Christian discussion forum, I'm suggesting a Religious discussion forum. Most of the Goth's I talk to have some form of belief system, so why wouldn't it make sense?
User avatar
Bigun
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:41 am
Location: Cleveland, TN

Postby rec|use » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:17 pm

look man
i don't care if there's 8 threads about christianity
and three additional forums about religion

i'm just trying to shine some light for ya

a lot of people here probably don't wanna talk about jesus

maybe i'm wrong
and if i am sue me

That quote came from you... not everyone else.


you're absolutly right
it did
i'd rather be your enemy than hear you call me friend
User avatar
rec|use
 
Posts: 1152
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 3:22 pm
Location: ATL

Postby junkie christ » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:05 pm

Hardcoregirl wrote:
junkie christ wrote:if you cant successfully debate religion online hope in the FUCK are you gonna do it online.


I'm gonna guess you mean "how in the fuck" this time ;).

I think JC is a good example of a christian who doesn't feel the need to push his beliefs on others. And I think that will attract more people than any other methods. People will think "wow, you are a christian and you dont' have your head up your ass, neat. Can I discuss some of it with you?" But then again, you may not see him at church on sunday so surely he'll roast, right?

Anyways, I used to get in debates a lot with my sons mormon republican parents and an ex boyfriend of mine, and I just would get so angry and not be able to express my opinion well with the facts. So ever since then I think I look for places to express my opinion and hone my debating skills. I have never really done much debating in real life with people, since my grandmother told me "if you want to keep your friends, dont' discuss religion or politics. "
I often end real life arguments myself in order to keep the peace or avoid ugly altercations with my family. But on the interweb, its a whole different story.

BTW, my favorite christian ever hands down is C.S. Lewis. That guy was pretty cool.
yea strike two.
its been a long week
thanks for the heads up.
O(+>
Drinking makes you the same asshole your father was.
http://www.knoxnihilism.com/forum - site admin.
Prayer, Praise, Profit.
User avatar
junkie christ
Over 5000 Posts. Beware the Junkie Rant!
 
Posts: 5184
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 5:11 am
Location: doomed to fail

Postby footprintzinthesand » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:37 pm

If you don't like it, don't click on it n read it. Maybe I should've posted something about motorcycles or Family Guy youtube videos.
footprintzinthesand
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:08 pm

Postby rec|use » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:50 pm

that advice is a two way street lady

if you don't like the responses your getting
maybe you shouldn't post about that topic
i'd rather be your enemy than hear you call me friend
User avatar
rec|use
 
Posts: 1152
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 3:22 pm
Location: ATL

Postby Hardcoregirl » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:20 pm

humanponygirl213 wrote:If you don't like it, don't click on it n read it. Maybe I should've posted something about motorcycles or Family Guy youtube videos.


A) I click on everything that is posted on boards that are mainly consisting of my friends and like minded people. Many such things are posted as jokes, as sarcasm or satire. You cannot tell always by the wording what exactly its about. How was I to know you renounced your evOl sinful stalker ways and found the lord jesus christ just like many who feel lost and decide they need "something"?

B) Yes, I believe you would get a much better reaction to motorcycles or family guy videos. I think more people on this website like motorcycles than are hell-fire-and-brimstone christians.
To not expect a reaction from a website that isn't knoxspookyjesusfreaks.com is just plain ignorant.

I wouldn't post a picture of the jackhammer jesus dildo in your playground, so why do you want to do such a thing in a group I believe consists mostly of atheists, agnostics, pagans, other random beliefs and maybe a handful of christians (who luckily don't have their heads up their asses).

Obviously you think us heathens need "saving"...and I'm just telling you go somewhere else with your message, I don't think its generally what people come to KG to talk about.
"Oh no. Please don't antagonize hardcoregirl. We'll all regret it." -DarkVader
User avatar
Hardcoregirl
Moderator
 
Posts: 2761
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 4:04 pm
Location: land of rape and honey

Postby rec|use » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:36 pm

BOOOOOOOM !!!!

draculas are in the lead

looks like the jesus camp may need to regroup

let's see if they come back any stronger in the second half


i tell ya
i haven't see posting like this since 82

let's just hope today's match doesn't get that brutal
i'd rather be your enemy than hear you call me friend
User avatar
rec|use
 
Posts: 1152
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 3:22 pm
Location: ATL

Postby Bigun » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:05 am

Hardcoregirl wrote:A) I click on everything that is posted on boards that are mainly consisting of my friends and like minded people. Many such things are posted as jokes, as sarcasm or satire. You cannot tell always by the wording what exactly its about. How was I to know you renounced your evOl sinful stalker ways and found the lord jesus christ just like many who feel lost and decide they need "something"?


Of course you have to click on it, your a moderator.

And maybe that post wasn't directed at you, and this is just me making an assumption, but it seems you take these as personal attacks. I'll be the first to say that the post and it's intent was out of the norm for this board, but come on, is there really a need in berating the person or even replying to it? I see topics on posts all the time that state their obvious or not-so-obvious intent to slam Christianity. I may click on them, read them, it may be a funny, picture, video, or rant. Do I get offended? No. Do I reply, rarely. I don't let it bother me and I go on.

Were you deceived? Maybe. But even then, why get so upset over something just because it is out of the norm, for Voltaire's sake that is what we are about, is being out of the norm. Expect it!

*EDIT*

Let me clarify "we" in how it is used above: This board and the people on it

hardcoregirl wrote:B) Yes, I believe you would get a much better reaction to motorcycles or family guy videos. I think more people on this website like motorcycles than are hell-fire-and-brimstone christians.
To not expect a reaction from a website that isn't knoxspookyjesusfreaks.com is just plain ignorant.


I would expect that kind of reaction out of a racist or sexist remark, not something religious.

hardcaregirl wrote:I wouldn't post a picture of the jackhammer jesus dildo in your playground, so why do you want to do such a thing in a group I believe consists mostly of atheists, agnostics, pagans, other random beliefs and maybe a handful of christians (who luckily don't have their heads up their asses).


I thought we covered this... this isn't http://antichrist.com/forum , why treat it that way? If you did post a picture of a Jesus dildo on here, I wouldn't get up in arms and get pissed. I may even giggle a little, but I wouldn't tear you to pieces over it.

hardcaregirl wrote:Obviously you think us heathens need "saving"...and I'm just telling you go somewhere else with your message, I don't think its generally what people come to KG to talk about.


The subject didn't say "To hardcoregirl:", please stop treating it that way.
User avatar
Bigun
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:41 am
Location: Cleveland, TN

PreviousNext

Return to The Dumpster

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 3 guests

cron