for people planning on quitting smoking....

forum for those that like conversation so mindless that their braincells pop like a confetti bomb at a strippers birthday party

Moderators: AuralFixation, iblis

for people planning on quitting smoking....

Postby footprintzinthesand » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:56 pm

This may be of some assistance to you... :shock:

Image

http://www.whyquit.com
footprintzinthesand
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:08 pm

Postby gothic_spleen » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:35 pm

i need another ciggarett.....
"OH SHIT.....MY SPLEEN" - ME
User avatar
gothic_spleen
Drunken Terrorist
 
Posts: 997
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:13 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Postby footprintzinthesand » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:54 pm

Yeah, I think I smoked one about... 5 minutes after I posted this, :-? but umm, anyyyway...

I will be quitting (again) very, very soon! Last time, I lasted about 7 months... Hopefully this time will be for good!!
footprintzinthesand
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:08 pm

Postby gothic_spleen » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:57 pm

humanponygirl213 wrote:Yeah, I think I smoked one about... 5 minutes after I posted this, :-? but umm, anyyyway...

I will be quitting (again) very, very soon! Last time, I lasted about 7 months... Hopefully this time will be for good!!



i hope it works out, and i hope u quit, me i have no intention of quitting....i saw somewhere a funny surgeon general warning...it said " warning, anything and everything you dou in life may potentialy be hazardous to your health"
"OH SHIT.....MY SPLEEN" - ME
User avatar
gothic_spleen
Drunken Terrorist
 
Posts: 997
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:13 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Postby cutelittlepsycho20 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:49 pm

who have you know its the people healthy life styles that have a brain anyrism whilen they are working out. or get hit by a bus while they are jogging right.

:twisted:

That would fucking suck!
I hate that saying: "You can't have your cake and eat it too."

Because what's the point of having cake when you aren't able to savour and enjoy every tastey morsel it has to offer you.....
User avatar
cutelittlepsycho20
 
Posts: 502
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:24 pm
Location: your mom's house

Postby footprintzinthesand » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:51 pm

gothic_spleen wrote:
humanponygirl213 wrote:Yeah, I think I smoked one about... 5 minutes after I posted this, :-? but umm, anyyyway...

I will be quitting (again) very, very soon! Last time, I lasted about 7 months... Hopefully this time will be for good!!



i hope it works out, and i hope u quit, me i have no intention of quitting....i saw somewhere a funny surgeon general warning...it said " warning, anything and everything you dou in life may potentialy be hazardous to your health"


True, true... maybe so, but take no offense, that's a classic addict's excuse... haha... :-)

Either way, i'd rather not jeopardize my health any longer in such a discusting way... lol...
footprintzinthesand
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:08 pm

Postby footprintzinthesand » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:53 pm

cutelittlepsycho20 wrote:who have you know its the people healthy life styles that have a brain anyrism whilen they are working out. or get hit by a bus while they are jogging right.

:twisted:

That would fucking suck!


Yeah, really... there's no escape (unless you view death as an escape, haha) ...It happens when it happens, however the hell you live... I just don't wanna fuck my shit up before it happens, lol...
footprintzinthesand
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:08 pm

Postby Hardcoregirl » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:27 am

I saw my grandpa die a slow painful death from lung cancer and I don't think anyone will want to go through that, no matter how *cool* you feel being a smoker or what witty sayings you come up with.


Besides the health problems, I just think its a nasty habit. It reeks on clothing and makes yo' breath stink.

I applaud anyone trying to quit.

I have never smoked habitually so I have no idea what its like to try to quit but I hope you all find the will power to succeed at it. Good luck.
"Oh no. Please don't antagonize hardcoregirl. We'll all regret it." -DarkVader
User avatar
Hardcoregirl
Moderator
 
Posts: 2761
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 4:04 pm
Location: land of rape and honey

Postby footprintzinthesand » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:02 am

Hardcoregirl wrote:I saw my grandpa die a slow painful death from lung cancer and I don't think anyone will want to go through that, no matter how *cool* you feel being a smoker or what witty sayings you come up with.


Besides the health problems, I just think its a nasty habit. It reeks on clothing and makes yo' breath stink.

I applaud anyone trying to quit.

I have never smoked habitually so I have no idea what its like to try to quit but I hope you all find the will power to succeed at it. Good luck.


I've never understood how smoking is considered "cool"... I actually experimented with them when I was young to umm, see if it gave me a buzz... :roll: Which it did, but not a very pleasant one... Cigs are on the same wavelength as crack and heroin, yet are more widely accepted, for some stupid ass reason. Yes, it's a very nasty, sickening habit, and I really can't wait till it's removed from my life. People, if you succeed at quitting, don't let one stressful day (or the result of accumulated stress) ruin all of that hard work!! It's not worth it...
footprintzinthesand
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:08 pm

Postby Hardcoregirl » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:06 am

I smoked for about a month when I was 13 (probably 3 packs total, lol). Then I thought to myself, "I'm doing this because I think it looks cool, and it doesn't, its retarded." So I stopped. I used to have an occasional clove at a bar, but I haven't even done that in over a year.

So now if I see preteens smoking I make sure to tell them how stupid they look.
"Oh no. Please don't antagonize hardcoregirl. We'll all regret it." -DarkVader
User avatar
Hardcoregirl
Moderator
 
Posts: 2761
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 4:04 pm
Location: land of rape and honey

Postby gothic_spleen » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:01 am

i started smoking because i wanted too, i will not make any excuses, but i will have to say that smoking does give me a calming effect, and if i had to go through a stressful day like today without a ciggarett id probrably kill someone....yes its nasty, yes it stinks....and it can be offensive, i too have watched people close to me die of lung cancer, one would think that would make me want to stop....but i have no wish to stop....
"OH SHIT.....MY SPLEEN" - ME
User avatar
gothic_spleen
Drunken Terrorist
 
Posts: 997
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:13 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Postby footprintzinthesand » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:14 am

gothic_spleen wrote:i started smoking because i wanted too, i will not make any excuses, but i will have to say that smoking does give me a calming effect, and if i had to go through a stressful day like today without a ciggarett id probrably kill someone....yes its nasty, yes it stinks....and it can be offensive, i too have watched people close to me die of lung cancer, one would think that would make me want to stop....but i have no wish to stop....


Yeah, it's pointless n nearly impossible to quit if you really don't want to... even if you're like, "Yeah, I wanna quit...", but in the back of your mind you're thinking, "Ciggggarettes!!! I love you!", then i'd say it'll take more than a few tries to quit... I've probably tried to quit 20+ times, not even kidding... sometimes I went maybe a day, 2 days, a week, 3 months, 7 months, but something brought me back... probably because I have to (or believe I have to) smoke when I drink... and when I quit smoking, it seemed I drank more than I had been... I suppose I was looking for an excuse to smoke, lol... I've been on the patch multiple times, i've tried cutting down, inhalers, gum... Last time, I went cold turkey, n actually lasted the longest I ever had since I started, 7 months... Really though, it's the first 3 days that fuck everyone up... after that, most of the nicotine is out of your system, and the rest is psychological addiction... Which, if you've smoked for a long time, there are a gazillion fucking triggers... but umm... I could go on n on about this, but it would probably take pages and pages, and I already lost the main point I was getting at... :-?
footprintzinthesand
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:08 pm

Postby Mother Mo » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:38 pm

i will have to say that smoking does give me a calming effect


That's only because you're addicted & smoking more eases the symptoms of withdrawal. If you were completely free of the addiction, you'd experience a speedy sensation, as nicotine as actually a stimulant. ;)
Change how you see, not how you look.
User avatar
Mother Mo
Over 2000 posts. Beware.
 
Posts: 2340
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2003 3:31 am
Location: A hobbit hole in north knox

Postby footprintzinthesand » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:13 pm

Mother Mo wrote:
i will have to say that smoking does give me a calming effect


That's only because you're addicted & smoking more eases the symptoms of withdrawal. If you were completely free of the addiction, you'd experience a speedy sensation, as nicotine as actually a stimulant. ;)


True... and don't nicotine levels plummet after about 30 minutes after smoking? It's just a vicious cycle of addiction, s'all it is...
Yeah, umm, didn't quit today, but count on me quitting within the next few... My excuse is that i'm waiting for the right time to do it, when life is hopefully somewhat balanced and a little "predictable"...
No excuse is a good excuse, I know... but the shit isn't easy! :erm: Haha...
footprintzinthesand
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:08 pm

Postby Coor » Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:02 pm

Mother Mo wrote:
i will have to say that smoking does give me a calming effect


That's only because you're addicted & smoking more eases the symptoms of withdrawal. If you were completely free of the addiction, you'd experience a speedy sensation, as nicotine as actually a stimulant. ;)


I was going to say that smoking never calms me down very much, but does quite the opposite.
"It was inappropiate and definatly hott..."
Coor
the post whore
 
Posts: 2266
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:28 am
Location: Nashville

Postby faeryrealm » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:38 am

Good luck to all trying to quit! I've heard St. John's Wort can help ease things a bit.
My father and father-in-law were diagnosed with lung cancer within two weeks of each other in late '02. Life pretty much sucked for the next couple of years. The things they had to go through were horrendous. At least my dad was able to enjoy being with his grandchildren for that year, whereas my father-in-law beat the cancer only to be left senile with severe respiratory damage. :-(
When I was a teen my lung spontaneously collapsed, and they attributed my parents' smoking as one possible factor in weakening my lungs. I would rather go through labor than have another chest tube (I had 3). No desire to smoke here!
Lots of people have horror stories, not trying to push an opinion on anyone, just saying that if you are trying to quit I'm rooting for you in a big way!
It was the winter of my heart's desire, the spring of my autumnal fancy, the summer of my discontent; all in all, I think it was Monday.
User avatar
faeryrealm
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:06 pm
Location: Murvul

Postby footprintzinthesand » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:39 pm

faeryrealm wrote:Good luck to all trying to quit! I've heard St. John's Wort can help ease things a bit.
My father and father-in-law were diagnosed with lung cancer within two weeks of each other in late '02. Life pretty much sucked for the next couple of years. The things they had to go through were horrendous. At least my dad was able to enjoy being with his grandchildren for that year, whereas my father-in-law beat the cancer only to be left senile with severe respiratory damage. :-(
When I was a teen my lung spontaneously collapsed, and they attributed my parents' smoking as one possible factor in weakening my lungs. I would rather go through labor than have another chest tube (I had 3). No desire to smoke here!
Lots of people have horror stories, not trying to push an opinion on anyone, just saying that if you are trying to quit I'm rooting for you in a big way!


Damn, that's really shitty... sorry to hear 'bout that... :-(

I've tried St. John's Wort before, but not to quit smoking... It didn't do much for me though, but it may just be because it was a cheap brand... I'd say I could try Kava Kava for that purpose though, that stuff's good...
footprintzinthesand
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:08 pm

Postby footprintzinthesand » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:00 pm

Tomorrow, tomorrow... i'm quitting smoking...
footprintzinthesand
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:08 pm

Postby faeryrealm » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:48 pm

:D
That's fantastic!
So have you thought of rewards for yourself?
If you go one full week, I'll make you one of my kick ass pumpkin pies.
You'll like it, trust me.
It was the winter of my heart's desire, the spring of my autumnal fancy, the summer of my discontent; all in all, I think it was Monday.
User avatar
faeryrealm
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:06 pm
Location: Murvul

Postby footprintzinthesand » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:54 am

faeryrealm wrote::D
That's fantastic!
So have you thought of rewards for yourself?
If you go one full week, I'll make you one of my kick ass pumpkin pies.
You'll like it, trust me.


No, actually I haven't thought of any rewards, besides the reward of having a better life.

That pie sounds really good, but unfortunately, my bro is borrowing my car for a bit while his car is in the shop, so I probably won't make it out anywhere for a while... but thanks anyway... :-)
footprintzinthesand
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:08 pm

Next

Return to The Dumpster

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron