Hidden pocket...

forum for those that like conversation so mindless that their braincells pop like a confetti bomb at a strippers birthday party

Moderators: AuralFixation, iblis

Hidden pocket...

Postby elasticwings » Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:13 pm

User avatar
elasticwings
 
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:38 am

Postby iblis » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:57 pm

youtube is requiring flash 9 now?
If carpenters made buildings the way programmers make programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy all of civilization. — Anonymous
User avatar
iblis
Don't click the iblis link!!!!
 
Posts: 4866
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 7:19 pm

Postby elasticwings » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:34 am

I don't think it is. The video works for me, and I am running under Ubuntu. Flash 7 is all I got.
User avatar
elasticwings
 
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:38 am

Postby iblis » Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:35 pm

elasticwings wrote:I don't think it is. The video works for me, and I am running under Ubuntu. Flash 7 is all I got.

i fixed it, apparently installing both Flash 7 and GPLflash simultaneously confuses some flash version detection scripts / programs.

uninstalling GPLflash corrected the issue.

thanks!
If carpenters made buildings the way programmers make programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy all of civilization. — Anonymous
User avatar
iblis
Don't click the iblis link!!!!
 
Posts: 4866
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 7:19 pm

no sound in flash

Postby iblis » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:20 pm

apparently had to do this as well to get sound:

Code: Select all
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libesd.so.0 /usr/lib/libesd.so.1
ln -s /tmp/.esd-1000 /tmp/.esd


found that here - i like a distro with helpful forums. :D
If carpenters made buildings the way programmers make programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy all of civilization. — Anonymous
User avatar
iblis
Don't click the iblis link!!!!
 
Posts: 4866
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 7:19 pm

Re: no sound in flash

Postby elasticwings » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:32 pm

iblis wrote:apparently had to do this as well to get sound:

Code: Select all
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libesd.so.0 /usr/lib/libesd.so.1
ln -s /tmp/.esd-1000 /tmp/.esd


found that here - i like a distro with helpful forums. :D


Ah, I hate ESD. Part of the reason why I like using Kubuntu. Although, I usually just switch to Alsa when using Gnome.
User avatar
elasticwings
 
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:38 am

Re: no sound in flash

Postby iblis » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:50 pm

elasticwings wrote:
iblis wrote:apparently had to do this as well to get sound:
Code: Select all
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libesd.so.0 /usr/lib/libesd.so.1
ln -s /tmp/.esd-1000 /tmp/.esd

found that here - i like a distro with helpful forums. :D

Ah, I hate ESD. Part of the reason why I like using Kubuntu. Although, I usually just switch to Alsa when using Gnome.

being an uber windowmaker fan, i'd never had to deal with esd until i installed ubuntu.

i'm thinking i'm going to switch to alsa, myself.
If carpenters made buildings the way programmers make programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy all of civilization. — Anonymous
User avatar
iblis
Don't click the iblis link!!!!
 
Posts: 4866
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 7:19 pm

Postby junkie christ » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:13 pm

linux is so much better it requires all its users switch versions every week.
oh yea.
fuck that.
O(+>
Drinking makes you the same asshole your father was.
http://www.knoxnihilism.com/forum - site admin.
Prayer, Praise, Profit.
User avatar
junkie christ
Over 5000 Posts. Beware the Junkie Rant!
 
Posts: 5184
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 5:11 am
Location: doomed to fail

Postby iblis » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:29 pm

junkie christ wrote:linux is so much better it requires all its users switch versions every week.
oh yea.
fuck that.

switch versions?

nah, switch drivers. and you can't tell me windoze users don't have to switch drivers - at least not ones who like opengl/3dfx and play games.
If carpenters made buildings the way programmers make programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy all of civilization. — Anonymous
User avatar
iblis
Don't click the iblis link!!!!
 
Posts: 4866
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 7:19 pm


Return to The Dumpster

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron