Tenn Teachers stage fake gun attack on kids

If it's not covered by one of those other categories, you should probably talk about it here. Be nice.

Tenn Teachers stage fake gun attack on kids

Postby violetb » Mon May 14, 2007 11:12 am

MURFREESBORO, Tenn. - Staff members of an elementary school staged a fictitious gun attack on students during a class trip, telling them it was not a drill as the children cried and hid under tables.

ADVERTISEMENT

The mock attack Thursday night was intended as a learning experience and lasted five minutes during the weeklong trip to a state park, said Scales Elementary School Assistant Principal Don Bartch, who led the trip.

"We got together and discussed what we would have done in a real situation," he said.

But parents of the sixth-grade students were outraged.

"The children were in that room in the dark, begging for their lives, because they thought there was someone with a gun after them," said Brandy Cole, whose son went on the trip.

Some parents said they were upset by the staff's poor judgment in light of the April 16 shootings at Virginia Tech that left 33 students and professors dead, including the gunman.

During the last night of the trip, staff members convinced the 69 students that there was a gunman on the loose. They were told to lie on the floor or hide underneath tables and stay quiet. A teacher, disguised in a hooded sweat shirt, even pulled on locked door.

After the lights went out, about 20 kids started to cry, 11-year-old Shay Naylor said.

"I was like, 'Oh My God,' " she said. "At first I thought I was going to die. We flipped out."

Principal Catherine Stephens declined to say whether the staff members involved would face disciplinary action, but said the situation "involved poor judgment."
violetb
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 10:10 am
Location: Knoxhell

Postby Hardcoregirl » Mon May 14, 2007 12:15 pm

With morons like this teaching our children it really gives me A LOT of hope for the future.
"Oh no. Please don't antagonize hardcoregirl. We'll all regret it." -DarkVader
User avatar
Hardcoregirl
Moderator
 
Posts: 2761
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 4:04 pm
Location: land of rape and honey

Postby gothic_spleen » Mon May 14, 2007 8:34 pm

Hardcoregirl wrote:With morons like this teaching our children it really gives me A LOT of hope for the future.


yea no shit!

They could have done it some other way, hell any other way would have been better
"OH SHIT.....MY SPLEEN" - ME
User avatar
gothic_spleen
Drunken Terrorist
 
Posts: 997
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:13 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Postby TheInfiniteMonkey » Mon May 14, 2007 8:56 pm

Yeah, they actually did this sort of thing at Powell High School back in '88 when I was there, but it was more of a "Red Dawn" scenario. They loaded eveyone into the gym and had us sitting there, then they turned out the lights and a bunch of Guardsmen who had just choppered in came into the dark gymnasium firing machine guns for about a minute or so, then they turned the lights on and when into the "lesson". I think I still have one of the shell casings somewhere. But. We were high school kids, not elementary school kids, and a takeover of the US via the public school system had NOT just recently occured, so, yeah, :okfucktard: of the month to the braniacs who decided this would be a good idea.
“A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials.â€
User avatar
TheInfiniteMonkey
 
Posts: 487
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:09 pm
Location: I'm not telling, last time you sank my battleship!

Postby gothic_spleen » Mon May 14, 2007 9:14 pm

TheInfiniteMonkey wrote:Yeah, they actually did this sort of thing at Powell High School back in '88 when I was there, but it was more of a "Red Dawn" scenario. They loaded eveyone into the gym and had us sitting there, then they turned out the lights and a bunch of Guardsmen who had just choppered in came into the dark gymnasium firing machine guns for about a minute or so, then they turned the lights on and when into the "lesson". I think I still have one of the shell casings somewhere. But. We were high school kids, not elementary school kids, and a takeover of the US via the public school system had NOT just recently occured, so, yeah, :okfucktard: of the month to the braniacs who decided this would be a good idea.


did something like taht at loudon , during my senior year....
"OH SHIT.....MY SPLEEN" - ME
User avatar
gothic_spleen
Drunken Terrorist
 
Posts: 997
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:13 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Postby Hardcoregirl » Mon May 14, 2007 11:53 pm

Wow.

I went to Oak Ridge High School and they never pulled any ignorant shit like that.

Maybe thats because the threat of Oak Ridge getting bombed is quite real and they didn't want to rub it in, lol.
"Oh no. Please don't antagonize hardcoregirl. We'll all regret it." -DarkVader
User avatar
Hardcoregirl
Moderator
 
Posts: 2761
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 4:04 pm
Location: land of rape and honey

Postby gothic_spleen » Tue May 15, 2007 9:47 am

Hardcoregirl wrote:Wow.

I went to Oak Ridge High School and they never pulled any ignorant shit like that.

Maybe thats because the threat of Oak Ridge getting bombed is quite real and they didn't want to rub it in, lol.


being a site on the top ten first strike list, that would have to suck
"OH SHIT.....MY SPLEEN" - ME
User avatar
gothic_spleen
Drunken Terrorist
 
Posts: 997
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:13 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN


Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests

cron