So, Ralph quit the Ballroom

If it's not covered by one of those other categories, you should probably talk about it here. Be nice.

Postby Arkady » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:25 am

Ralph is my friend. He has faults just like every one of you. As far as touhy feely goes, I can't walk into Temple with out some random person feeling ME up. ME for gods sake. The whole damned event is touchy feely. Why should it not be ok for one person and ok for another?
Arkady
KG Co-Founder

Postby Mother Mo » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:22 am

Agreed. The atmosphere is unique in that touching & groping are par for the course. I can definately see where some folks wouldn't be comfortable with it, though. Its important for the ones who like to touch to watch for the nonverbal cues that say someone isn't comfy with the contact & respect them. Unfortunately, not everyone can correctly interpret the cues & the ones not comfortable may feel too inhibited to vocalize their dissatisfaction with the situation. Tricky business going to a club & having personal space issues respected. Patience & a good sense of humor about it help alot.

Most folks who grab dont mean any harm though & if you just let them know where your boundaries are, they'll be respected. Its usually meant as a compliment, so there's no malice there. The fella in question has never said a word to me, let alone crossed any boundaries... but added weight makes me curiously invisible to alot of folks... & I like it that way. No objectification to worry about. Maybe you should gain a few pounds, Jason. ;)
Change how you see, not how you look.
Mother Mo
Over 2000 posts. Beware.

Postby footprintzinthesand » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:31 am

I think it's because alot've people will jump in on the chance to talk shit about anyone, no matter who the target is. I guess it's entertaining?

Mother Mo wrote:The atmosphere is unique in that touching & groping are par for the course. I can definately see where some folks wouldn't be comfortable with it, though.

I've had a few probs with that myself. Luckily, some people there know about my problem with it now n have laid off a bit. Once I went, and a praying mantis was crawling on my back. A guy there carefully picked it off n said, "Sorry. I didn't wanna touch you n freak you out or anything." Lol..... :roll:
footprintzinthesand

Postby Paladin656 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:48 am

I wanna be groped.
Paladin656

Postby gothic_spleen » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:07 am

Paladin656 wrote:...

I wanna be groped.

yea, i too want to be groped.....being the dog demon at heart...would anyone here offer their leg to be hummped.... :twisted:
"OH SHIT.....MY SPLEEN" - ME
gothic_spleen
Drunken Terrorist

Postby Mother Mo » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:52 am

Hit the showers, boys. I've turned the hot water off just for you. ;)
Mother Mo
Over 2000 posts. Beware.

Postby Hardcoregirl » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:26 pm

I don't want anybody touching me unless they are close friends and/or are giving me a hug.

Sometimes you just get vibes off people and I get "creep" off of him, but thats just me I guess.
Hardcoregirl

Postby Arkady » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:38 pm

Hardcoregirl wrote:I don't want anybody touching me unless they are close friends and/or are giving me a hug.

Sometimes you just get vibes off people and I get "creep" off of him, but thats just me I guess.

Morgan, honestly, you get "creep" off of most people. ;)
Arkady
KG Co-Founder

Postby gothic_spleen » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:40 pm

Mother Mo wrote:Hit the showers, boys. I've turned the hot water off just for you. ;)
its not a bad thing to hump anything...especially ronald mcdonalds legs at mcdonalds, after a good night of being spiked...
gothic_spleen
Drunken Terrorist

Postby karlaBOO » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:45 pm

Hardcoregirl wrote:I don't want anybody touching me unless they are close friends and/or are giving me a hug.

I personally like the ol'Buddy Check 10 (*ahem* Shannon). However, I would not prefer to have a stranger come up and join in.
"I swear, by my pretty, floral bonnet, I WILL END YOU" :)
karlaBOO

Postby Mother Mo » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:08 pm

gothic_spleen wrote:
Mother Mo wrote:Hit the showers, boys. I've turned the hot water off just for you. ;)
its not a bad thing to hump anything...especially ronald mcdonalds legs at mcdonalds, after a good night of being spiked...

Down, boy. We'll learn you some manners yet. ;)
Mother Mo
Over 2000 posts. Beware.

Postby Paladin656 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:07 pm

Spleens trick is Sit Boy.

If you get the refrence, kudos.
Paladin656

Postby iblis » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:16 pm

Arkady wrote:Ralph is my friend. He has faults just like every one of you. As far as touhy feely goes, I can't walk into Temple with out some random person feeling ME up. ME for gods sake. The whole damned event is touchy feely. Why should it not be ok for one person and ok for another?

i think it's that damn muppet avatar you had.

now everyone associates you with prawn.

hee
If carpenters made buildings the way programmers make programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy all of civilization. — Anonymous
iblis
Don't click the iblis link!!!!

Postby gothic_spleen » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:19 pm

Mother Mo wrote:
gothic_spleen wrote:

Down, boy. We'll learn you some manners yet. ;)
muahhahahahahah.....the broken spleen is put together again.... :twisted:
gothic_spleen
Drunken Terrorist

Postby uncle goth » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:13 pm

dearest mo, if your body truly reflected the beauty of your heart no one! colud keep their hands off you
what's the matter with you porcupine? you been actin slugnutty all day? moe howard
uncle goth

Postby Hardcoregirl » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:39 pm

Arkady wrote:

Thats so not true.

I think I can only think of 3 people in the group/bars in the past YEARS that I consider creeps. One just moved away, one went away thank goodness but I think he works with my boyfriend at comcast, and the other is ralph....

but to be fair I don't know him well at all...he just made me feel dirty. He may be a sheep in wolves clothing, lol.
Hardcoregirl

Postby cutelittlepsycho20 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:19 am

Arkady wrote:Ralph is my friend. He has faults just like every one of you. As far as touhy feely goes, I can't walk into Temple with out some random person feeling ME up. ME for gods sake. The whole damned event is touchy feely. Why should it not be ok for one person and ok for another?

dont get me wrong ralph's a cool dude. i like him alright. and yup thats what i was trying to say. i have at least ten or so people hug and hang all over me. i just got used to it. it never bothered me but it was just a new experience in the begining to have people be so "friendly" if you will. now its common place to me and i have no cualms about it what so ever. in the end everyone is different and thats all there is to it.
I hate that saying: "You can't have your cake and eat it too."

Because what's the point of having cake when you aren't able to savour and enjoy every tastey morsel it has to offer you.....
cutelittlepsycho20

Postby Coor » Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:23 am

karlaBOO wrote:

I personally like the ol'Buddy Check 10 (*ahem* Shannon). However, I would not prefer to have a stranger come up and join in.

The problem is...the "stranger" has no idea who the "friend" is. I use quotation marks, because it always seems like they are interchangable at least once or twice a year. I remember about a year ago when someone who has been in the scene for a looong time was scolded for his groping ways...when he thought he was just playing around as he had for years...

I quit going out for two reasons...The drama...say what you want...there is drama in every circle and every scene...

But don't they get along sometimes? I mean it's like every week we have to pick someone knew to either hate or laugh at their misfortunes...and every single group within the scene is responsiable...no one is excluded. I think it's safe to admit that we all have our little group of friends...even if we mingle outside of it. It's almost a scene that is revolved around the drama. Even people who never go out still are involved with all of the gossip...OOPS! I meant drama.

The other reason was that I just didn't have fun anymore. I'd like to say it had to do with me, but if I can have fun going to shitty bars where I know no one and the music sucks...I like to think I can make the best of a situation.

But, I'm sure it's been this way for 20 years and it will continue to be for the next.
"It was inappropiate and definatly hott..."
Coor
the post whore

Postby Mother Mo » Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:57 am

uncle goth wrote:dearest mo, if your body truly reflected the beauty of your heart no one! colud keep their hands off you

Thanks... I think.
Mother Mo
Over 2000 posts. Beware.

Postby elasticwings » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:48 am

Hardcoregirl wrote:
Arkady wrote:

Thats so not true.

I think I can only think of 3 people in the group/bars in the past YEARS that I consider creeps. One just moved away, one went away thank goodness but I think he works with my boyfriend at comcast, and the other is ralph....

but to be fair I don't know him well at all...he just made me feel dirty. He may be a sheep in wolves clothing, lol.

Woohoo, I don't have creepy title!!! Morgan is a cool girl. I respect her judgement on creepiness.
"Solaris x86 is now where Linux was 4 years ago"
elasticwings

PreviousNext

Return to General