Locking Threads

The administrative forum - messages to and from the moderators

Locking Threads

Postby Sir Diddimus » Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:37 am

It's over!!!!!
That's quite enough now.


Can't we all just get along? We too strong of a group to let any rifts form over something this trivial.
Last edited by Sir Diddimus on Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Sir Diddimus
 
Posts: 1971
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 5:12 pm
Location: Knoxville

Postby Hardcoregirl » Wed Jun 11, 2003 11:24 am

Muhahaha.

God I've hated that thread since it started...and..it just went on too long.

I don't know....for some reason I don't think any thread should go on forever. Especially one as mundane and pointless as that one.

I wouldn't call it childish to lock such a thread...maybe an overt showing of power, but...we must remember...its not really OUR forum, it belongs to those who work on it, maintain it, etc.

If you really NEED it, you could start a blog, and let the password be known so that everyone could go post on it.

Or you could just start another one.

(love ya sirD)
"Oh no. Please don't antagonize hardcoregirl. We'll all regret it." -DarkVader
User avatar
Hardcoregirl
Moderator
 
Posts: 2761
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 4:04 pm
Location: land of rape and honey

Postby JaNell » Wed Jun 11, 2003 5:09 pm

Buttercup wrote:Muhahaha.

God I've hated that thread since it started...and..it just went on too long.

I don't know....for some reason I don't think any thread should go on forever. Especially one as mundane and pointless as that one.

I wouldn't call it childish to lock such a thread...maybe an overt showing of power, but...we must remember...its not really OUR forum, it belongs to those who work on it, maintain it, etc.

If you really NEED it, you could start a blog, and let the password be known so that everyone could go post on it.

Or you could just start another one.

(love ya sirD)


Eeeeeeennnnnnhhhhh!
Wrong answer.


A thread is viable as long as it's still being posted to, and doesn't contain personal attacks.

Several threads I personally find annoying:

Name My Penis
Name My Pussy
Name My Pussy, too!

I hate how Junkie Christ and Nemesis have trolled the Gemini thread.

There have been others...
And guess what?


Waaaaaaaahhhhhh for me. I haven't whined about these threads because they get posted to AND they don't contain personal attacks.

Guess I'll be joining the "this board is over-moderated" crew.
Image
User avatar
JaNell
Moderator
 
Posts: 2163
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 2:33 pm
Location: Casa de Chaosium

Postby Hardcoregirl » Wed Jun 11, 2003 5:23 pm

JaNell wrote:A thread is viable as long as it's still being posted to, and doesn't contain personal attacks.



This is True. Of course all threads really "go on" forever as long as they follow the rules.

But I think its funny that the thread got blocked. I'm sort of the view point that if you don't like the way the board is moderated...go somewhere else or don't participate..whatever.

I've been moderated all to hell. I've had a few threads locked and completely removed. But I still appreciate that I have this forum.
"Oh no. Please don't antagonize hardcoregirl. We'll all regret it." -DarkVader
User avatar
Hardcoregirl
Moderator
 
Posts: 2761
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 4:04 pm
Location: land of rape and honey

Postby JaNell » Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:15 am

Buttercup wrote:
JaNell wrote:A thread is viable as long as it's still being posted to, and doesn't contain personal attacks.

But I think its funny that the thread got blocked.

And that's what matters! :roll:

I'm sort of the view point that if you don't like the way the board is moderated...go somewhere else or don't participate..whatever.


Yeah, my brother Happy Fun Ball would completely agree with you - one of his favorite sayings:
"America...
Love it or leave it!"


*sigh*

And before people pull out the "but you said..." whatever reference that shows that they think in terms of black and white (yes, I know I'm being bitchy - NEXT!), I believe that a clear set of rules allows more freedom for everyone.

Everyone.

Even people who are NOT me - or YOU.

Since the "How Many" thread didn't break any KG rules in even the loosest sense, locking it broke the implied agreement that the board has with its memebers - post what you want, following our rules.

Therefore, the "if you don't like it, leave" argument is specious, and, since you didn't like the thread, very self-serving.
Image
User avatar
JaNell
Moderator
 
Posts: 2163
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 2:33 pm
Location: Casa de Chaosium

Postby AuralFixation » Thu Jun 12, 2003 2:24 pm

stop. its over. thank you for your suport. thank you for your opinions. untill i have been removed as moderator i will moderate as I see fit. your thread is back. for now. keep this shit up and it wont be. this is the stupidest thing i have ever seen to have ill will over. deal with it. any thread that refers to this problem again will be locked. any thread that contain any further fights over this issue will be locked. thats how it will be.
Chris - Seriously what fountain of youth did the other members of Bauhaus find....they haven't aged a day wile Peter Murphy looks all old and haggard.

Jello Biafra - HE DOES NOT LOOK HAGGARD! Don't say that about Peter! Is there another Guinness over there?

Chris - Nope

http://people.tribe.net/free-zombie-huggs
User avatar
AuralFixation
Moderator
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2003 4:36 pm
Location: way out west

Postby Sir Diddimus » Thu Jun 12, 2003 2:26 pm

AuralFixation wrote:stop. its over. thank you for your suport. thank you for your opinions. untill i have been removed as moderator i will moderate as I see fit. your thread is back. for now. keep this shit up and it wont be. this is the stupidest thing i have ever seen to have ill will over. deal with it. any thread that refers to this problem again will be locked. any thread that contain any further fights over this issue will be locked. thats how it will be.


No ill will..... I agree, it's over, done, caput.....

:D

Cant's we all just get along? :lol:
Duct tape is like 'The Force'. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
User avatar
Sir Diddimus
 
Posts: 1971
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 5:12 pm
Location: Knoxville

Postby Nemesis » Wed Jun 18, 2003 4:15 am

I haven't Trolled anything... :P
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc
User avatar
Nemesis
 
Posts: 965
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 6:53 pm
Location: Dementia

Postby Sir Diddimus » Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:57 am

Nemesis wrote:I haven't Trolled anything... :P


That's because you are a Troll :twisted:
Duct tape is like 'The Force'. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
User avatar
Sir Diddimus
 
Posts: 1971
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 5:12 pm
Location: Knoxville

Postby Nemesis » Fri Jun 20, 2003 8:45 am

Sir Diddimus wrote:
Nemesis wrote:I haven't Trolled anything... :P


That's because you are a Troll :twisted:

:fuckoff:
You love me and you know it... :D
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc
User avatar
Nemesis
 
Posts: 965
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 6:53 pm
Location: Dementia

Postby The Fallen » Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:54 am

Nemesis wrote:I haven't Trolled anything... :P


Oh come on, admit it, you've gone trolling for guys haven't you, you saucy tart.
Oh sad is the world. but I have Kavorkian's scarf.
User avatar
The Fallen
Pervert
 
Posts: 2142
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 3:50 pm
Location: The nearest rock he could crawl under

Postby Nemesis » Fri Jun 20, 2003 10:06 am

The Fallen wrote:
Nemesis wrote:I haven't Trolled anything... :P


Oh come on, admit it, you've gone trolling for guys haven't you, you saucy tart.

Shhhhhh!!!! That was supposed to be our secret... :wink:
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc
User avatar
Nemesis
 
Posts: 965
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 6:53 pm
Location: Dementia


Return to tape, red, adminstrative

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron