What's the saddest song you've ever heard?

Reviews of albums, songs, bands, and concerts

Moderators: Arkady, Bone

Postby jinx » Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:29 pm

oh, and also.."death of seasons" by afi cause it reminds me of when my grandmother was in the hospital shortly before she died,how i felt so helpless and horrible that all i could do was sit there and watch her slowly degress.the end of the song is really what gets me because it's just violins playing and davey screaming;that's exactly how i felt when she was dying.sad and angry at the same time.
eternal life is now on my trail.....


Enjoy every minute. There's plenty of time to be dead.
jinx
tickle me psycho
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 6:43 am
Location: through the looking glass.....

Postby scarecrow » Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:56 am

jinx wrote:dammit,can't remember the name,it's either "nutshell" or "rotten apple",i always get the two confused....alice in chains

we chase misprinted lies
we face the path of time
and yet i fight,and yet i fight this battle all alone
no one to cry to
no place to call home
my gift of self is raped
my privacy is raked
and yet i find,and yet i find repeating in my head
if i can't be my own
i'd feel better dead.......


Its Nutshell I believe
“That proves you are unusual, returned the Scarecrow; and I am convinced the only people worthy of consideration in this world are the unusual ones. For the common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed.â€
User avatar
scarecrow
 
Posts: 849
Joined: Mon May 26, 2003 11:32 pm
Location: ummm...a corn field?

Postby Space Traveler 9 » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:56 pm

Blood for Blood - Livin In Exile...

...only cause it's applying to me right now...lol...
... my avatar is specialerer than I am :)
Space Traveler 9
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: vacum of space

Postby punkrockjoe » Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:48 pm

Junkie got the bulk of the good shit....When I die is easily the number one pick , too many nights of darkness and a bottle to hold(the activity not the song) says so....going down to die/danzig (man he was made for songs like that)...misery is the river of the world..tom waits(cant live without some tom waits) poison heart/ramones(makes me feel good about being sad though..)only women bleed/alice cooper....Joey/Wendy/concrete blonde(joey was how I lived for a many years so it helps me remember not to slip into that type of behavior so as not to do anymore damage to my relationships) ......waiting in vain/bob marley(anyone who's been strung along will get this one).......cure/scared as you(all i really mean when I scream and shout the way I do is Im just as scared as you. Thats me to a tee.)........curse of a fallen soul/dropkick murphys....cry for love/iggy pop.....If it be your will/leonard cohen(sad like "i've made peace with the fact Im going to die, but it still keeps me up at night.).........Last day on earth/marilyn manson(I know its supposed to be man that you fear but fuck that I like mechanical animals).........cough/cool/misfits(i've been in that headspace before its not good for you)......I think I know you/rollins band(I know its spoken word but If he really does know you by the end of the track its fucking spooky/depressing as fuck...better off without a wife/tom waits(you single folks should check this out)....old friend/rancid(take my street creds if you want that song got me through the last two years of high school well that and many cases of "the beast"..........dead bodies/fear factory(the whole story there telling makes me sad but that song nails it the hardest)....Long ass list I know sorry....like anyone reads my shit anyways...lol
We werent the nice boys they thought we were..we arent nice boys..we were fuckin nasty little bastards...and we still are...Sid Vicious
punkrockjoe
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 5:32 am
Location: East of eden

Postby FalseAbsolution » Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:15 am

PunkRockJoe, you had a lot of interesting stuff... I've only heard three people mention "Only women bleed" by Cooper in passing conversation so it was interesting to see it on your list... I've gotten quite a bit of music since my last post under this so i figure i'll give it another round...

"Strawberry Gashes" By Jack Off Jill
Faraway vol. 1 by Apocolyptica
Red Water by Type O
I don't love you anymore by Wolfsheim
Headstones by Lake of Tears
MONUMENT by The Cruxshadows
100 Generations by ThouShaltNot
The Longing by Sunshine Blind
In Joy and Sorrow(strings version) By HIM
Cupid by Amber Asylum
Goddess of a sad man by Amporphis
Mouth(Stingray Remix) by Bush

And to combat the result of these sad songs- "Dirty Sticky Floor" by Dave Gahan

Must also second "My Immortal" that's a very haunting song...
My thoughts are my bible, that's what I live by.
FalseAbsolution
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sat May 10, 2003 3:46 pm
Location: Ky

Postby punkrockjoe » Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:20 am

FalseAbsolution wrote:PunkRockJoe, you had a lot of interesting stuff... I've only heard three people mention "Only women bleed" by Cooper in passing conversation so it was interesting to see it on your list.


fuck yea....alice cooper......only thing that gets me is he now plays golf in like pink shirts and shit like that now.... ozzy aint doin that shit....marilyn manson wont be playing golf and knitting when he is alices age...(provided he lives that long).....I would love to date his daughter though....lol....
We werent the nice boys they thought we were..we arent nice boys..we were fuckin nasty little bastards...and we still are...Sid Vicious
punkrockjoe
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 5:32 am
Location: East of eden

Postby FalseAbsolution » Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:48 am

punkrockjoe wrote:
FalseAbsolution wrote:PunkRockJoe, you had a lot of interesting stuff... I've only heard three people mention "Only women bleed" by Cooper in passing conversation so it was interesting to see it on your list.


fuck yea....alice cooper......only thing that gets me is he now plays golf in like pink shirts and shit like that now.... ozzy aint doin that shit....marilyn manson wont be playing golf and knitting when he is alices age...(provided he lives that long).....I would love to date his daughter though....lol....


Yeah, I honestly don't give manson another 10 years before he's gone...

And coop was the original shock rocker in my opinion, I watch VH1 classic for his video's if for no other reason... he's about the only one that keep the channel there for long. He's still doing shit to shcok people... like playing golf in pink. I saw him on a game show the other day... Celeb spelling bee thing... and his second catagory that he had to spell from was Drugs.. he laughed then got his word wrong because it was something that women take during metapose....
My thoughts are my bible, that's what I live by.
FalseAbsolution
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sat May 10, 2003 3:46 pm
Location: Ky

Postby Varagol » Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:47 pm

Anything by Type O.



They are just a sad, sad bunch of overpaid nerds with long hair.
Varagol
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:13 am

Postby junkie christ » Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:01 pm

FalseAbsolution wrote:
punkrockjoe wrote:
FalseAbsolution wrote:PunkRockJoe, you had a lot of interesting stuff... I've only heard three people mention "Only women bleed" by Cooper in passing conversation so it was interesting to see it on your list.


fuck yea....alice cooper......only thing that gets me is he now plays golf in like pink shirts and shit like that now.... ozzy aint doin that shit....marilyn manson wont be playing golf and knitting when he is alices age...(provided he lives that long).....I would love to date his daughter though....lol....


Yeah, I honestly don't give manson another 10 years before he's gone...

And coop was the original shock rocker in my opinion, I watch VH1 classic for his video's if for no other reason... he's about the only one that keep the channel there for long. He's still doing shit to shcok people... like playing golf in pink. I saw him on a game show the other day... Celeb spelling bee thing... and his second catagory that he had to spell from was Drugs.. he laughed then got his word wrong because it was something that women take during metapose....

nope
orginial shock award goes to screamin jay hawkins (spelling?) the guy who wrote i put a spell on you and believed he was a voodoo priest in the 50s.... him or elvis.. nothing more shocking than elvis, rock and roll was a black thing till elvis and his hip shaking pissed off the world.
O(+>
Drinking makes you the same asshole your father was.
http://www.knoxnihilism.com/forum - site admin.
Prayer, Praise, Profit.
User avatar
junkie christ
Over 5000 Posts. Beware the Junkie Rant!
 
Posts: 5184
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 5:11 am
Location: doomed to fail

Postby Mother Mo » Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:17 pm

It's called "Missing You" but the lyrics go something like, "And I miss you... like the deserts miss the rain..."

It's about death, so I cry & think of the people I miss who have died. Dad, Woody, Jason, Billy, the list goes on. :roll:
Change how you see, not how you look.
User avatar
Mother Mo
Over 2000 posts. Beware.
 
Posts: 2340
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2003 3:31 am
Location: A hobbit hole in north knox

Postby briarus » Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:36 pm

crooked fingers - there's a blue light
the cure - pictures of you
johnny cash - danny boy /if you want to feel real bad listen to it on the orange blossom express album then the man comes around
gary jules - barstool
handsome family - grandmother waits for you
the doors - spainish caravan
stained - it's been awhile
flaming lips - do you realize?
jeff buckley - hallelujah
"O spanish tonk! your ship baked atists are."
stop. my amygdala is listening!
briarus
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 8:05 am
Location: City of Dis

Postby Synthpopalooza » Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:18 pm

"Wake" by Leiahdorus
=================

Wake up no one's home
looks like no one's home for the supper time
better pick up the phone
I know you're home

thinking back all those years
we wasted away with our tears
hoping one day you'll be here in my arms

and the radio plays our song...

Ashes, ashes we all down
sooner or later we all fall down
Ashes, ashes we all fall down...

Outside no sun shining
Outside no one playing our song
in the distance a wind is breathing
in the distance a wind is breathing your name

and every dream I have of you
it's so pure, yes it's so pure
and every tear I shed for you
they're crystal clear
yes they're crystal clear

Standing here all alone
hoping, wishing you'll hear my echo
and on, and on, and on, and on

Never apart we were the pair
Never apart we could not spare
just for an instance you were my Juliet

and the radio plays our song...

Outside no sun shining
Outside no one playing our song
in the distance an angel's breathing
in the distance I am screaming your name

And I'm the man who stands before you
who tells you you're not alone
no , you're not alone
and every tear I shed for you
they're crystal clear
yes they're crystal clear

Synthetik FM - The next generation of SYNTHPOP

http://synthetik.synthpop.fm
Synthpopalooza
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 1:56 pm
Location: Luttrell, TN

Postby FalseAbsolution » Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:32 pm

junkie christ wrote:
FalseAbsolution wrote:
punkrockjoe wrote:
FalseAbsolution wrote:PunkRockJoe, you had a lot of interesting stuff... I've only heard three people mention "Only women bleed" by Cooper in passing conversation so it was interesting to see it on your list.


fuck yea....alice cooper......only thing that gets me is he now plays golf in like pink shirts and shit like that now.... ozzy aint doin that shit....marilyn manson wont be playing golf and knitting when he is alices age...(provided he lives that long).....I would love to date his daughter though....lol....


Yeah, I honestly don't give manson another 10 years before he's gone...

And coop was the original shock rocker in my opinion, I watch VH1 classic for his video's if for no other reason... he's about the only one that keep the channel there for long. He's still doing shit to shcok people... like playing golf in pink. I saw him on a game show the other day... Celeb spelling bee thing... and his second catagory that he had to spell from was Drugs.. he laughed then got his word wrong because it was something that women take during metapose....

nope
orginial shock award goes to screamin jay hawkins (spelling?) the guy who wrote i put a spell on you and believed he was a voodoo priest in the 50s.... him or elvis.. nothing more shocking than elvis, rock and roll was a black thing till elvis and his hip shaking pissed off the world.


I can see the point of Elvis, and i didn't even think of Jay Hawkins... i'm going with your spelling because it's probably right... Goes to show why you are the King of Triva knowledge on here... most of my musical knowledge ends in the early 60's...
My thoughts are my bible, that's what I live by.
FalseAbsolution
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sat May 10, 2003 3:46 pm
Location: Ky

Postby creapyrob » Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:51 am

got a new one to add to my list:

Chiseled In Stone
By Vern Gosdin

You went crying to the bedroom
I ran off to the bar
Another peace of heaven gone to hell
The words we spoke in anger

Just tore my world apart
And I sat there feeling sorry for myself
Then an old man sat down beside me
And looked me in the eye
And said son I know what your going through

You oughta get down on your knees
And thank your lucky stars
That you got some one to go home to

Chorus:
You donât know about lonely
Or how long the nights can be
Till you've lived through the stories
That still living in me
You don't know about sadness
Till youâve faced life alone
You don't know about lonely
Till it's chiseled in stone

So I brought these pretty flowers
Hoping you would understand
Sometimes a man is such a fool
Those golden words of wisdom
From the heart of that old man
Showed me I ainât nothing without you

Chorus:
You donât know about lonely
Or how long the nights can be
Till you've lived through the stories
That still living in me
You don't know about sadness
Till youâve faced life alone
You don't know about lonely
Till it's chiseled in stone
There is no replacement for displacement.
creapyrob
 
Posts: 579
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:34 pm
Location: undisclosed

Postby Varagol » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:59 pm

A million points of light
Ascending to the sky
Monuments in darkness
Standing watch
Until the sun will rise
Screaming to an emptiness
Of how we once defined ourselves
With our hands over our eyes
Claiming all of creation

What inspires in us this madness
That out existence should be defined
By a light that can't be seen by anyone
What inspires in us this madness
That out existence should be defined
By a light that we can't see
By a light that can't be seen

A million points of light
Ascending to the sky
Monuments in darkness
Standing watch
Until the sun will rise
I can't see this all as progress
How did we come this far?
When we see ourselves as deities
Claiming Nature for ourselves
By our actions we betray
The instincts in our race
By our blindness and stupidity
We kill everything
We kill... everything

Can someone see our self destruction?
Are we reminding ourselves
That our existence is
So delicate
That without this light we are no more
That without this light we've made we are no more

A million points of light
Ascending to the sky
Monuments in darkness
Standing watch
Until the sun will rise
We torch this earth until it bleeds
Rain ashes from the sky
Just to make a light that no one can see
We cut this earth until it bleeds
Rain ashes from the sky
Just to make a light that no one can see
Just to make a light
Just to make a light
We kill everything
By our blindness and stupidity
We kill... everything

in 1000 years what will be our legacy
a million lights that no one can see
a million points of light
Varagol
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:13 am

Postby Aerick Ravenheart » Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:15 am

1.Hurt-NIN....2.Creep-Radiohead.....3.Bother-Stone Sour....4.Man that You Fear and Last Day on Earth, also Spade depresses me,-Marilyn Manson....5.Flow-Transistor....6.Walking and Thinking-RA....7. My Immortal-Evanescence....8.A lot of Godhead's songs....9. While my Guitar Gently Weeps-Jeff Healey.....10.Riverman-(forget who it's by)....11. Sometimes it Hurts-Stabbing Westward....12.Far Behind ..and You-Candlebox...13.Bleed- Cold....14. Crazy-Patsy Cline and Kidneythieves....15. Over You-Chlorine....16.It's Been Awhile-Staind(yeah, bitch what?!).....17.Don't Know What You Got(Till It's Gone)-Cinderella(shut the fuck up)....18.Something in the Way-Nirvana....19.Down in a Hole-Alice in Chains....20.Big Empty-STP(this song depresses me, and reminds me of Brandon Lee's death and death in general)
Live for today, it may be your last.
User avatar
Aerick Ravenheart
 
Posts: 335
Joined: Sun May 11, 2003 8:19 pm
Location: CHO KHAN WANG'S Chinese Grill

Postby rec|use » Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:25 am

exit music (for a film) - radiohead
street spirit fade out - radiohead
let's not shit ourselves (to love or be loved) - bright eyes
all songs by low
all songs by swans (and or angles of light)

so many more this is all i can think of now
i'd rather be your enemy than hear you call me friend
User avatar
rec|use
 
Posts: 1152
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 3:22 pm
Location: ATL

Postby X » Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:43 am

A World Without Heros- Kiss
Mother- Pink Floyd

these two songs always make me tear up...
I'm a big bright shining star......
X
 
Posts: 839
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:45 pm
Location: Sin City

Postby Aerick Ravenheart » Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:06 am

The Word Behind Words-Jeremy Toback
Live for today, it may be your last.
User avatar
Aerick Ravenheart
 
Posts: 335
Joined: Sun May 11, 2003 8:19 pm
Location: CHO KHAN WANG'S Chinese Grill

..

Postby sapphirerose » Sat Apr 17, 2004 2:39 pm

...and all that could have been---NIN


There are more...I'll have to add them later.
sapphirerose
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Knoxville

PreviousNext

Return to Music and Bands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests